THIS DISCLOSURE CONTAINS INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR ACCOUNT:
The dividend rate and APY** may change every dividend period as determined by the credit union board of directors.
Compounding and Crediting
Dividends will be compounded daily and will be credited quarterly.
For these account types, the dividend period is quarterly. For example, the beginning date of the first dividend period of the calendar year is January 1st and the ending date of such dividend period is March 31st.
All other dividend periods follow this same pattern of dates. The dividend declaration date follows the ending date of a dividend period, and for the example above is April 1st. If you close your account before dividends are credited, you will not receive accrued dividends.
Balance Computation Method
Dividends are calculated by the daily balance method which applies a daily periodic rate to the principal in your account each day.
Accrual of Dividends
Dividends will begin to accrue on the business day you deposit cash and non-cash items (i.e. checks) to your account.
Nature of Dividends
Dividends are paid from current income and available earnings, after required transfers to reserves at the end of a dividend period.
Regular Share Accounts Only
During any statement period, you may not make more than six withdrawals or transfers to another credit union account of yours or to a third party by means of a preauthorized or automatic transfer or telephonic order or instruction. No more than three of the six transfers may be made by check, draft, debit card, or similar order to a third party. If you exceed the transfer limitations set forth above in any statement period, your account will be subject to closure by the credit union.
Dividend Rate and Annual Percentage Yield as of the last dividend declaration date.
Annual Percentage Yield assumes dividend remains on deposit. Withdrawals of dividend will reduce earnings.
Current dividend rates will be quoted upon request (Call 865-688-0498) or at the time of opening an account.
TRUTH-IN-SAVINGS ACCOUNT DISCLOSURE
Except as specifically described, the following disclosures apply to all of the term accounts.
1. Rate Information: The Dividend Rates and Annual Percentage Yields on your accounts are set forth. The Annual Percentage Yield is a percentage rate that reflects the total amount of dividends to be paid on an account based on the Dividend Rate and frequency of compounding for an annual period. For Time Certificates, the Dividend Rate and Annual Percentage Yield are fixed and will be in effect for the term of the Account. The Annual Percentage Yield is based on an assumption that dividends will remain on deposit until maturity. A withdrawal of dividends will reduce earnings.
2. Compounding and Crediting: Dividends will be compounded and credited quarterly. The Dividend Period begins on the first calendar day of the quarter and ends on the last calendar day of the quarter.
3. Balance Information: The minimum balances required to open each account are set forth with each type of account. Dividends are calculated by the daily balance method which applies a daily periodic rate to the principal in the account each day.
4. Accrual of Dividends: Dividends begin to accrue on cash deposits on the business day you make the deposit to your account. Dividends will begin to accrue on non-cash items (i.e. checks) on the business day you make a deposit to your account.
5. Transaction Limitations: After your account is opened, you may make withdrawals of dividends. Withdrawal of any portion of the principle requires the account to be closed and may be subject to penalty or forfeiture. Additional deposits are not allowed unless indicated above.
6. Maturity: Your account will mature on the maturity date stated on your Certificate Account Receipt or Renewal Notice.
7. Early Withdrawal Penalty - Regular Certificate: We may impose a penalty if you withdrawal any portion of the principal before the maturity date.
a. Amount of Penalty: The amount of the early withdrawal penalty is determined as follows: For accounts with terms less than 12 months, early withdrawals are subject to a penalty of 90 days' dividends. For accounts with terms of 12-23 months, early withdrawals are subject to a penalty of 150 days' dividends. For accounts with terms of 24-35 months, early withdrawals are subject to a penalty of 180 days' dividends. For accounts with terms of 36-59 months, early withdrawals are subject to a penalty of 240 days' dividends. For accounts with terms of 60 months or greater, early withdrawals are subject to a penalty of 365 days' dividends.
b. How the Penalty Works: The penalty is calculated as a forfeiture of part of the dividends that have been earned. In other words, if the account has not yet earned enough dividends or if the dividend has already been paid, the penalty will be deducted from the principal.
c. Exceptions to Early Withdrawal Penalties: At our option, we may pay the account before maturity without imposing an early withdrawal penalty under the following circumstances; When an account owner dies or is determined incompetent by a court or other body of competent jurisdiction.
8. Renewal Policy
a. Regular Certificate: Your account will automatically renew for another term upon maturity. You have a grace period of ten (10) days after maturity to withdraw funds in the account without being charged an early withdrawal penalty. The Credit Union reserves the right not to renew this account and will provide written notice of non-renewal thirty days prior to the scheduled renewal date.
9. Nontransferable/Non-Negotiable: Your account is nontransferable and non-negotiable. The funds in your account may not be pledged to secure any obligation of an owner, except obligations of the Credit Union.
Knoxville Firefighter's Federal Credit Union is committed to providing a website that is accessible to the widest possible audience, regardless of technology or ability. We are actively working to increase the accessibility and usability of our website and in doing so adhere to many of the available standards and guidelines.
Knoxville Firefighter's Federal Credit Union does not discriminate on the basis of religion, age, race, color, national origin, gender, marital or parental status, or disability. In order to further our commitment to nondiscrimination, we are working to ensure our site conforms to level Double-A World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0. Such guidelines detail best practices for ensuring assistive technology users can access the site. The guidelines also make the site more user friendly for all people.
Should anyone find information or functionality which is inaccessible, please contact us at 1-800-309-8559 or via email at email@example.com . We will make every reasonable effort to accommodate.